exlibros

The Moth Eaten Shelf

Butterfly in the sky, I can go twice as high! ...But you don't have to take my, or Lamar Burton's, word for it. Just take a look, it's in a book.

The Backstory of Wallpaper: Paper-Hangings 1650-1750
Robert M. Kelly
Progress: 5/183 pages
Death of a Gossip
M.C. Beaton
Korean for Beginners: Mastering Conversational Korean (CD-ROM Included)
Henry J. Amen IV, Kyubyong Park
Visualize This: The Flowing Data Guide to Design, Visualization, and Statistics
Nathan Yau
Discovering Statistics Using R
Zoe Field, Andy Field, Jeremy Miles
Pushkin House (American Literature (Dalkey Archive))
Andrei Bitov, Susan Brownsberger
Beginner's Korean
Jeyseon Lee
La Nouvelle Héloïse: Julie, or the New Eloise
Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Judith H. McDowell
Edith Wharton
Hermione Lee
Linear Models with R (Chapman & Hall/CRC Texts in Statistical Science)
Julian James Faraway

The Crying of Lot 49

The Crying of Lot 49 - Thomas Pynchon After reading this, I can see why Helene Hanff could never feel passionate about people and places that never existed. ...Once you get into the rythm the reading is not so hard, but at a certain point, maybe half way through the good parts are gone and you wonder why you are still reading, other than to find out what happens. The good parts are on pages 10, 12 and 32(?) (whatever I wrote in the progress part), these little descriptions are gems that I wish had been fleshed out a bit more into a little vinegrette or prose. ...What the other commentators have written is true and the book does date itself; but I wonder about the style of writing, how it has changed since this was written and about people's choice of reading material, and the availability of books in remote small towns, where Walmart (if you are lucky) or the local library is the only place to pick up books immediately. Sign of the times...