exlibros

The Moth Eaten Shelf

Butterfly in the sky, I can go twice as high! ...But you don't have to take my, or Lamar Burton's, word for it. Just take a look, it's in a book.

The Backstory of Wallpaper: Paper-Hangings 1650-1750
Robert M. Kelly
Progress: 5/183 pages
Death of a Gossip
M.C. Beaton
Korean for Beginners: Mastering Conversational Korean (CD-ROM Included)
Henry J. Amen IV, Kyubyong Park
Visualize This: The Flowing Data Guide to Design, Visualization, and Statistics
Nathan Yau
Discovering Statistics Using R
Zoe Field, Andy Field, Jeremy Miles
Pushkin House (American Literature (Dalkey Archive))
Andrei Bitov, Susan Brownsberger
Beginner's Korean
Jeyseon Lee
La Nouvelle Héloïse: Julie, or the New Eloise
Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Judith H. McDowell
Edith Wharton
Hermione Lee
Linear Models with R (Chapman & Hall/CRC Texts in Statistical Science)
Julian James Faraway

Mr. Darcy's Dream: A Novel

Mr. Darcy's Dream: A Novel - Elizabeth Aston I was really looking forward to this book, as I have enjoyed this author since the first book: Mr. Darcy's Daughters, however, I was disappointed in the end with the predictable outcome, the quick change of heart for the main character, Phoebe, and the fact that Darcy's two boys were not even mentioned. Perhaps the drawn out avoidance of Arthur Stanhope could have been enjoyed more if the ending wasn't limited to a handful of pages.

I did like all the main characters from her previous works making a guest appearance and the use of horticulture in the plot. Oh, and the fact that the writing style remains true throughout the books. It would be nice to see "villain" characters with more of a grey background than is currently used; that is, characters who may hurt the reputation of main character(s) with or without intent but whose sole occupation isn't to the play the fail-safe villain, like George Warren.

Overall, I will probably still eagarly wait the next work by this author, hoping that the next coupon coincides with the release date and that I shall not be disappointed.