exlibros

The Moth Eaten Shelf

Butterfly in the sky, I can go twice as high! ...But you don't have to take my, or Lamar Burton's, word for it. Just take a look, it's in a book.

The Backstory of Wallpaper: Paper-Hangings 1650-1750
Robert M. Kelly
Progress: 5/183 pages
Death of a Gossip
M.C. Beaton
Korean for Beginners: Mastering Conversational Korean (CD-ROM Included)
Henry J. Amen IV, Kyubyong Park
Visualize This: The Flowing Data Guide to Design, Visualization, and Statistics
Nathan Yau
Discovering Statistics Using R
Zoe Field, Andy Field, Jeremy Miles
Pushkin House (American Literature (Dalkey Archive))
Andrei Bitov, Susan Brownsberger
Beginner's Korean
Jeyseon Lee
La Nouvelle Héloïse: Julie, or the New Eloise
Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Judith H. McDowell
Edith Wharton
Hermione Lee
Linear Models with R (Chapman & Hall/CRC Texts in Statistical Science)
Julian James Faraway

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows Where to start? All the reviews except for the last ~5 in my addition actually made me think this book was worth reading, as all the others were nondescript and could have been applied to any other book out there being read by book clubs/groups. The lady who sold me the book at Borders said that everyone who she recommended it to and bought it came back saying it was great, perfectly written, etc, which really made me wonder about the people who she sold it to and what their reading habits were like. I'm not sure I would call it perfect and it is a tiny bit obvious from reading the reviews that the main character is going to end up with someone, I just wished they had fleshed out more of the male characters, made them a bit more complex than they were, since I don't think people are that black and white in reality.

If you crossed Jane Austen/Elizabeth Aston ('Mr. Darcy's Daughters' series author) with the second cousin of '84 Charring Cross Road' and set in the post-WWII Channel Islands, you would get this sweet tale. Good reading for a lazy Sunday afternoon or when you want to stay in bed and be warm and fuzzy.